[Sugar-devel] Development Team Meeting, 12th December 10PM UTC

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Dec 12 17:58:55 EST 2017

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 11:30:05AM +1100, James Cameron wrote:
> Developers are invited to attend the next team meeting, on Tuesday
> 12th December, at 5PM US/Eastern (10PM UTC).

Attending were Walter, Euan, and James.

> Agenda to include
>
> - what we have been working on,

Walter has been administering [[Google Code In 2017|GCI 2017]], and
working on Music Blocks and Turtle Blocks.  James has been reviewing
pull requests, checking licensing, testing Sugar on Ubuntu 18.04 beta,
releasing Speak-55 and Read-118.1, and fixed a Paint activity empty
canvas.

> - progress of GCI 2017.

Almost 400 students, how to make a pull request, some solid
contributions, some new activities.

We also talked about Cross-Platform development.  There are broken
JavaScript activities that don't run on Sugar desktop.  Contributions
are being wasted, and opportunity lost.  We had a Cross-Platform
environment.  We have attracted JavaScript Web developers instead of
JavaScript Cross-Platform developers.  We need Cross-Platform
developers to merge the diverged libraries, and apply Cross-Platform
practices to both libraries and activities.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/