[Sugar-devel] [GSOC] Font Editor Next Steps

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Tue May 24 09:47:58 EDT 2016

On 23 May 2016 at 18:52, Yash Agarwal <agrwal.ysh94 at gmail.com> wrote:

> - Dave, Eli could you guys make a UI mock for the character map,  so that
> I can build it tomorrow

I think the current plan is for a horizontal bar along the top, like in
Eli's HTML mock:

https://sugarlabs.github.io/edit-fonts-activity/mockups/EditFontsMockUpJS.activity/

I think we will also need a table, like the TruFont one:

https://sugarlabs.github.io/edit-fonts-activity/files/img/3.png

- [Regarding defcon] I am having a some trouble understanding the concept
> behind the representation factories and notifications,

Please be more specific, perhaps quoting the part of the docs you are
unclear about :)

http://ts-defcon.readthedocs.io/en/latest/concepts/representations.html

http://ts-defcon.readthedocs.io/en/latest/concepts/notifications.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observer_pattern

how should I implement these in the glyphRenderer Class?

I'm not sure - what does TruFont do?

- whats the difference between an Anchor and Point in an UFO file?

A point is a bezier point, part of a contour.

An anchor is a 'singleton' point, used to 'snap' glyphs together using
OpenType Features (GPOS/GSUB code)

https://glyphsapp.com/tutorials/diacritics

https://fontforge.github.io/overview.html#Anchors

--