[Sugar-devel] Sugarizer Activity Set - Speak Activity (vishal.batchu)

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Thu Mar 24 00:59:09 EDT 2016

Speak includes implementation of aiml (http://www.alicebot.org). There
are several implementations of the engine (e.g. java, python). For
Sugarizer, java
may be the most relevant unless Vishal wants to undertake a javascript
version.

This is a valuable although overlooked feature. With this feature, Speak
can imitate human dialog. AIML provides a way for users to create their
own bots.
This could be used by students to practice English dialogs or to create
a bot in their native language. One technique is to set the default
response to 'I don't know what to say about that.' and provide code so
that user can enter: say: An appropriate response to the previous entry
where the bot treats this as the response to provide to the next time
this entry is encountered.

client: What is your favorite fruit?
bot: I don't know what to say about that.
client: say: I like apples

then

client: What is your favorite fruit?
bot: I like apples