[Sugar-devel] Introduction | Interest in Sugarizer Project | Doubts regarding build server setup

Aaron D Borden adborden at live.com
Thu Mar 10 11:29:41 EST 2016

On Thu, 2016-03-10 at 00:39 -0800, Manraj Singh <manrajsinghgrover at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello community members,
>
> I'm Manraj Singh, studying in Netaji Subhas Institute Of Technology(Delhi
> University). I'm an Open Source Enthusiast and have previously contributed
> to jQuery, Mozilla and Privly. I also have prior experience in working for
> startups like Zomato and Refiral and have a good competitve coding profile.

Hello! It's nice to meet you, Manraj! I'm a web developer in San
Francisco of the US. I saw your message in IRC, so you can ping me there
if it's easier for you. I've heard feedback that the server setup
instructions don't always work and they're structured more like you
would for deployment rather than development. Hopefully with your help
we can make them a bit better.

> I'm interested in working on "Sugarizer Server Dashboard" project for
> Google Sumer Of Code, 2016 and currently getting server to work after
> cloning the repository. I have loads of experience in Php, JS, Python and
> Web Development and have worked on similar project before.
>
> I'm facing an issue. I have reached step "Run MongoDB and Sugarizer Server"
> as mentioned here
> https://github.com/llaske/sugarizer/blob/master/README.md#server but it is
> exiting with error:
>
> ```
> about to fork child process, waiting until server is ready for connections.
> forked process: 28417
> all output going to: /home/manrajsingh/mongo.log
> ERROR: child process failed, exited with error number 100

I assume this is from after running the following step?

    $ sudo mongod --fork --port 27018 --logpath /home/root/mongo.log

Exit 100 is an unhandled exception in mongo, the database. Can you post
the log from /home/manrajsingh/mongo.log ?

Also, after you post the logs, would you try this command instead?

   $ mkdir ~/mongodb
   $ mongod --dbpath /home/manrajsingh/mongodb --port 27018 --logpath /home/manrajsingh/mongo.log

Finally, what distro are you using?

--
Aaron Borden
Human and Hacker