[Sugar-devel] [GSOC] Font Editor Next Steps

Yash Agarwal agrwal.ysh94 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 22:50:28 EDT 2016

Today's Work
Import module is working for ttf files
Export module is working with fontmake
Activation/Deactivation module is done
I started adding making changes to the UI for "creating a new font" but
ended up adding a lot more around it, I'll make a blog post about it later
it still requires a little debugging so no gif today

what I plan to do next:
sort out the bugs in the UI and make a blog post about the new features
for importing UFO files Trufont asks for a link to the metainfo.plist file
which has an "application/x-plist" MIME type, so also going to use that

questions:
What all information is needed in the Create New Font Form?
this is what I currently have:
Family name, style name, version, trademark, author info, license, cap
height, x-height, ascender, descender, units per em
or should I shorten the list?

Similarly, what all info for creating a new glyph?

regards,
Yash Agarwal