[Sugar-devel] Issue tracking on Github?

Devin devin at ulibarri.website
Mon Jun 6 18:16:46 EDT 2016

(This is long, gnarly thread, but I just like to think about this sort
of stuff, what can I say...)

On 05/27/2016 09:05 AM, Walter Bender wrote:
> This has been the topic of a lot of discussion on the FOSS foundation list
> of late. I think there is a movement afoot to push them towards a default
> FOSS license.

This is interesting: http://250bpm.com/blog:82

Shows a graph of decline of software published on GitHub with any
license at all.

I think a repo needs to make its users choose a license--any
license--but should not publish publicly until a license has been chosen.

The "default" is a suggestion for convenience. Defaults do have
implications for what choices people make, but right now the "default"
is "no license at all" (ambiguous to its community and legally proprietary).