[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Name object on Activity exit revisited

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Fri Jun 3 11:07:27 EDT 2016

Hi, Sebastian

I think the alert you are referring to required the user to supply a
description for the object not a name.

I gather you haven't tried the Browse-157 version he attached in his
email The most recent is version 157-12. I feel it is
meets the need in design and function. The 'screenshots' alert is
probably also acceptable - my problem is that the screenshots
do not do it justice because of aspect ratio issues.

I certainly agree with your main point - that the alerts should be based
on the same code with modifications as needed for the purpose.
Both of these examples offer the user an editable text window to supply
a name for the object being saved. If the user chooses not to supply a
name, the object is not saved (the metadata is saved for statistical
purposes.

Tony