[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Name object on Activity exit revisited

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Fri Jun 3 11:31:18 EDT 2016

Hi, Dave

If, for example, I download War and Peace from Gutenberg to an XO, it
will take storage space in the Journal. The space taken by this object
should be
shared among all users. However, a Write document should be private to
the author. So the mechanism is the same. The datastore class should be
able to
handle two instances of a datastore - one in /usr/share/  and one in
/home/username/.sugar/default/datastore. Browse makes this relatively
easy by recording the source URL in the Journal metadata for the object.

Tony