[Sugar-devel] Details regarding GSOC projects

vishal.batchu vishal.batchu at students.iiit.ac.in
Thu Feb 25 03:31:03 EST 2016

Hi,

I was going through the projects mentioned on this year's GSOC page,
https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code/2016

A few of the projects interested me and I was seeking for more details
regarding them.

1)Sugarizer activity set
For this we are required to port the 3 activities to javascript. Are we
restricted to these 3 or can we expand the project if time permits us
to?

2)Tux Math
I was quite interested in this activity as I have used it before and
found it a great tool and a fun way to learn. Are we supposed to
implement this as a python activity or a javascript activity?

3)Nutritional Microworld
It was mentioned that we require a set of activities exploring
nutrition. Will we be needed to come up with ideas for these activities
by ourselves or are there any specified activities that are required to
be implemented in this project? Should this be based on python or
javascript?

4)Reflection Activity
What is it that is required from this activity? Is it related to
https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Reflection or is it something
more on the lines of self introspection and reflection?

Also I wanted to know if we are allowed to choose more than 1 project
to work on? (supposing they are small projects)

I am a sophomore from International Institute Of Information Technology
Hyderabad (IIITH) and have experience on working with Python,
Javascript, HTML, CSS, C/C++ and PHP.

Regards,
Batchu Vishal
(erilyth)