[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Re: [UKids] Re: The future of Sugar on XO-1s

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 08:45:38 EDT 2016

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 5:55 AM, Tony Anderson <tony_anderson at usa.net>
wrote:

> Sorry, I was traveling this morning and in too much of a hurry. So this
> only went to UKids. As I recall the numbers, Rwanda purchased 100,000 units
> and received 110,000 for $200,000.
>
> Tony

I know nothing about G1G1 Round Two but the laptops from the first round
went to many more places than just Mongolia. For example, it was from that
program that the first batch of laptops went to Caacupé in Paraguay, a
program that continues to be robust today.

I understand that trying to learn from the mistakes of the past in order to
plan a better future for Sugar has merit, but let's try to stick to the
facts. As to the comments about internal OLPC finances, do you have
documentation regarding these assertions? And are the relevant to the
current discussion?

regards.

-walter

Walter Bender