[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Display clock in frame

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Apr 11 18:02:24 EDT 2016

You could answer that yourself by reading the thread attached to the
patch, and the later threads in the same month.  Perhaps you could do
that and summarise?

http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2009-May/thread.html

http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2009-May/014253.html is
a later version of the patch you refer to.

My answer; because the task was way more complex than just adding the
clock to the frame; the team also decided that the clock should not be
visible if the system has suspended.  At the time, the OLPC XO was the
major platform for which design was focused.

Subtext of your question is; why should you work on this, won't it be
rejected again?  Probably not, if done well, because the gatekeepers
on Sugar now are more accepting of contributions, in turn because
there are so few of them.

Also, there is less focus on idle suspend from the non-XO platforms.

In turn, this is because of more efficient CPUs and the huge drop in
solar module pricing, which has kept electricity generation costs
lower than anticipated over the last ten years.

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/