[Sugar-devel] Tux4kids needs a hero! (Tuxmath, TuxType, etc.)

Bastien Guerry bzg at bzg.fr
Mon Apr 11 02:03:58 EDT 2016

Everybody knows TuxMath and some knows the Tux4Kids suite:

https://tux4kids.alioth.debian.org

It is packaged as a Sugar activity here:

http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4271

At OLPC France, we recently hit a bug, and while reporting it, we
discovered that the Tux4Kids is largely unmaintained.  The person
at Debian is doing a great job at packaging it and sometimes fixing
things, but we need upstream maintainance and leadership for this
popular piece of software!

Quoting the website:

  Tux4Kids programs are written in C and use Simple DirectMedia
  Layer (SDL) for the graphics.

Here is the code:

  http://git.debian.org/?p=tux4kids/tuxmath.git

So if you speak C and want to become the hero of a very popular free
software project, raise your hand and drop an email to this mailing
lists:

Thanks in advance!

--
 Bastien