[Sugar-devel] Python is good - don't waste time (was Re: The future of Sugar on XO-1s)

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Wed Apr 6 10:09:41 EDT 2016

On 6 April 2016 at 09:17, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:

> the service model that is inherent to the web is really problematic from
> the point of view of children's privacy, security, and freedom.

Nawwwww, it ain't inherent to the model! :)

Off the top of my head, here are 3 projects that adapt the software freedom
movement to the model:

http://sandstorm.io
https://owncloud.org
https://unhosted.org

"There is no cloud, just other people's computers," says the FSFE.

"There is no cloud, just other people's computers - that you can rent," I
say.

Some people on this list surely own their own home, free and clear.

Many more people on this list surely rent a home.

People who rent a container instance on someone else's computer and run
libre software on it are enjoying privacy, security and freedom.