[Sugar-devel] Bug 1240354 - SoaS live x86_64 20150706 does not login from live system user

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Sep 2 16:49:44 EDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 02, 2015 at 05:59:06AM -0500, Jerry Vonau wrote:

> > On September 1, 2015 at 9:16 PM James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> >

> > On Tue, Sep 01, 2015 at 09:03:28PM -0500, Jerry Vonau wrote:
> > > That leads me to think if sugar is building against a library that
> > > is only available in sugar's toolkit should the toolkit be declared
> > > as a BuildRequires and be pulled into the BuildRoot for sugar?
> >
> > Possibly because nothing in the build of package "sugar" uses the
> > library.
> >
> > I've looked through the Makefile.am files in "sugar" and none of them
> > do linking, and the ones that execute Python code don't need that
> > library.
> >

> Ok got it, ldconfig keeps it all straight, so it's contained to the
> call in the toolkit, bringing the login manager back in a loop, so I
> see when booting the F23 iso in a vm.

Couldn't parse that, sorry.

> The only change I see from F22 with 104 to F23 with 106 around
> SugarExt is the commit to "Add capture device support" in the
> toolkit.

That's strange, in my git repo that commit is just before the 0.101.4
release back in 2014-03-22.

It was the most recent change to SugarExt, but it should have been in
F22 with 0.104 already.

I've not got the bandwidth for downloading SoaS, but the tests I
suggest are:

a.  use RPM to reinstall the Sugar 0.106 packages,

b.  use RPM to reinstall the F22 Sugar 0.104 binary packages,

c.  use RPM to rebuild the F22 Sugar 0.104 packages from src.rpm.

That would help to divide the problem between Sugar and Fedora 23.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/