[Sugar-devel] Bug 1240354 - SoaS live x86_64 20150706 does not login from live system user

Jerry Vonau me at jvonau.ca
Wed Sep 2 06:59:06 EDT 2015

> On September 1, 2015 at 9:16 PM James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
>

> On Tue, Sep 01, 2015 at 09:03:28PM -0500, Jerry Vonau wrote:
> > That leads me to think if sugar is building against a library that
> > is only available in sugar's toolkit should the toolkit be declared
> > as a BuildRequires and be pulled into the BuildRoot for sugar?
>
> Possibly because nothing in the build of package "sugar" uses the
> library.
>
> I've looked through the Makefile.am files in "sugar" and none of them
> do linking, and the ones that execute Python code don't need that
> library.

Ok got it, ldconfig keeps it all straight, so it's contained to the call in
the toolkit, bringing the login manager back in a loop, so I see when
booting the F23 iso in a vm.

The only change I see from F22 with 104 to F23 with 106 around SugarExt is
the commit to "Add capture device support" in the toolkit.