[Sugar-devel] Docker in Sugar/XO laptop

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed May 27 02:54:31 EDT 2015

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 01:09:23AM -0500, Sebastian Silva wrote:
> BTW the Gimp works fine under Sugar, only missing the ability to be
> launched from an icon.  I find the prospect of writing wrappers for
> every GNU/Linux program absurd and hope Sugar will eventually be a
> well behaving freedesktop environment with good scaffolding in
> specific areas.

We might list the applications in /usr/share/applications/*.desktop as
a third type of home view.  This would provide search.

We might configure window manager default to full screen for these
applications.

We might use a tiling window manager for applications that need more
than one top level window.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiling_window_manager

--
James Cameron