[Sugar-devel] Community XO software builds

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Thu May 7 02:53:47 EDT 2015

Hi Tony

not sure if this is helpful, but the Python script youtube-dl (
http://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/) is very useful for downloading vids from
YouTube (curent/playlist/batch), and offers options such as --age-limit,
--max-filesize, --rate-limit, --max-quality, and in particular --format
worstvideo, which could eliminate a subsequent transcoding step by
downloading the minimal quality available.

Sean