[Sugar-devel] Testing alias

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Wed May 6 10:05:02 EDT 2015

On 06/05/15 03:37, samson goddy wrote:
> The reason why i was able to access the list was because Walter made
> one of the committee members. About "spykidacutez at outlook.com", is a
> volunteer in Sugar Labs and also his in my Sugar Labs team in Nigeria,
> which Walter know of.
1. Sugar Labs is _not_ Walter. Make sure the engage the rest of Sugar
Labs. Nice to meet you. I was not aware of any other active members
appointed by SLOBs. (And I did ask). Was your appointment announced
sometime publicly?

> I don't understand why you have to remove me in the membership
> committee, that i don't understand. Is there any way i shouldn't be in
> the membership committee?

2. Sure. We have a process which is in the Governance page
<http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Governance>. I volunteered to
the committee because there had been 2 years without elections and never
have there been a survey to keep the membership list current. These are
the main responsibilities of the Election and Membership committee.

We'd be glad to have you.
In short, do this:
    - Read the governance / membership committee pages
    - Write to SLOBS requesting to be a member
    - Wait for a vote

For us (Caryl and me), it took almost 2 months to be confirmed, official
member of election committee. However, in that opportunity, SLOBS voted
that they would solicit help from young members so maybe they will be
more expedite for you.

Thanks and good luck!
Sebastian

--