[Sugar-devel] [GSOC 2015] Required Details for Improved Imageviewer

Amit Kumar Jha amitjha1412 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 02:10:31 EST 2015

Hello,

I am Amit Kumar Jha from Hyderabad, I am a B-tech CSE student at
IIIT-Hyderabad, currently in third year. I was looking at the
Development/project ideas page and I found the idea for Improved
Imageviewer quite interesting.I have also used ImageViewer activity
and found Sharing support,Basic image effects support (grayscale,
sepia effects, colorize,negative, black n white, etc),Exif support
missing.

Before I dive into the project related discussion here is a little bit
about me, I have always been interested in doing projects. I have a
strong grip in coding in python and have also used OpenCV python. I
have also been contributing in sugar labs since past 1 month and I
have added following patches

1) Added is_prime function to the calculate activity -
https://github.com/godiard/sugarlabs-calculate/pull/16

2) Fixed Pep8 errors - https://github.com/godiard/sugarlabs-calculate/pull/17

3) Implement select all operation when the user press Ctrl+a -
https://github.com/godiard/sugarlabs-calculate/pull/26

I will be thankful, If someone can provide some more details about the
project and priority,potential of this project for GSOC 2015

--
Thanks,
Amit Kumar Jha