[Sugar-devel] Sugar-devel Digest, Vol 78, Issue 15

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Sat Apr 11 10:37:03 EDT 2015

On 11/04/15 09:12, Tony Anderson wrote:
> I like incisive - to the point. He is not asking about the apparent
> discrepancy between the potential number of laptops in use but is
> throwing around words like deceit.

Looking at the statement in question, from our main website: /"Sugar’s
Activities are used every school day by nearly 3 million children in
more than forty countries."/

I would not feel comfortable saying this out loud.
If there were 3 million XO laptops sold, I'd bet half of the ones still
running run GNOME.

Like you say, we don't know.

> After all, what is 'use'. Does this mean the number of laptops running
> Sugar at a specific instance of time, or at least one hour in a week,
> a month, a year or a laptop that is capable of running Sugar if turned
> on? How many Window 7 systems are in use?
>
> None of us know an answer to that question, but we know the number is
> large enough to warrant our spending our time as volunteers to make
> that experience as constructive and enjoyable as possible.

This might have been a more constructive answer from you. Thank you.

While it is important to support existing users, I am more concerned
with the next 1000 million people who's freedom to act with computers is
at stake.

Sebastian