[Sugar-devel] Happy / Sad laptop system load monitor

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Fri May 23 09:32:50 EDT 2014

Thans for the archeology Bernie!

I agree that perhaps happy/sad isn't the proper metaphor. I remember
having a similar WindowMaker dockapp, that would show the face from
Doom's guy for the same purpose. Not very informative, but fun.

Now, about this implementation, as i remember, once the palette is
open, proper cpu/mem graphs appear. Perhaps we can come up with a less
emotionally loaded metaphor.

I would disagree that user's shouldn't need to know this data, in fact
with such a constrained machine as XO it is pretty useful feedback and
as I remember it was part of the original Sugar design (it was not in
the frame, but in the home view's relative area of use for each active
icon).

Regards,
Sebastian