[Sugar-devel] Small issues with Sugar 0.102

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Thu May 15 12:44:58 EDT 2014

Greetings Sugar developers,
I'm running Sugar from sugar-build on top of Manjaro GNU/Linux, without
broot.

So far I've found the following little annoyances which probably would
be simple to fix with right guidance and hopefully will contribute to
the polish of this release.

1.- Copy causes left frame to widen by ~10px until session end.
2.- Alt-Tab does not show frame. It was hard to catch this one, at
first I didn't know what was wrong. Without visual reference (how many
steps to target), it's hard to navigate between windows.
3.- Shift-Alt-Tab doesn't reverse cycle windows. Makes [2] more
annoying.
4.- Missing icons from regular gtk theme. I've tried a couple of naive
different approaches to this but I can't seem to get sugar to inherit
from HighContrast or other such icon. So some X11 applications show up
with empty icons.
5.- I disabled metacity compositing and setup compton compositor. It
adds nice window and fade effects, it's a cheap way to add glitz to
Sugar on higher end systems, maybe we should consider making this an
option.

Hopefully these comments are useful.

Regards,
Sebastian