[Sugar-devel] Atom shell

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Tue May 13 09:52:24 EDT 2014

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 10:30 AM, Christian Stroetmann <
stroetmann at ontolab.com> wrote:

>  On 13th of March 2014 15:06, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
>

> On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 9:44 AM, Christian Stroetmann <
> stroetmann at ontolab.com> wrote:
>
>>  Aloha Everybody
>>
>> Why don't you ask the creators of the Sugarfox project?
>>

>  Because I can't find anything about that on internet?
>

> Yes, you are right. There is not much publicated under [1],

Ohh, I don't want start this discussion again, but when I think on
"creation" I look for a concrete implementation,
can be a prototype,  repository, etc.

> Ok, I understand, but let me give you and the other members of this
> mailing-list the information that in this case the fight of the platforms
> takes place on the level of the web browsers and not on the level of the
> hardware and the underlying operating systems anymore. For example, every
> larger manufacturer of mobile devices has announced such cheap devices
> several months ago and virtually are running or will run Android. So this
> is the reason why I guess that it will end up with Android and Chrome on
> Nexus tablet computers and Chromebook netbooks.

I don't know if there are space for more players in the niche of "mobile
OS" really.
But _if_ there are space for a "open web os", mozilla ia a player, and is
investing a lot of resources.

Gonzalo