[Sugar-devel] TurtleArt Speech Recognition

Rodrigo Parra rodpar07 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 07:39:19 EDT 2014

Hello everyone,

As a part of the GSoC project I am currently working on, Sugar Listens, I
am planning to add speech recognition support to TurtleArt.

The details of the implementation are still somehow blurry so, as discussed
with Walter, I would like this thread to serve as a pool of ideas and
debate around the subject.

I've already been pointed out towards previous work developed at FING guys,
who did an awesome job.

The ideas mentioned during last week's meeting were:

   - We need to define a proper grammar for TurtleArt. Every single command
   counts, so debate is open.
   - A speech related block, that would wait for a voice command for a
   certain period of time during execution time. The behavior of such block
   should be dynamic, meaning that actual actions triggered by it would depend
   on the voice command.
   - An activity to help users build a language model (grammar) would be
   interesting too.

Cheers,

Rodrigo