[Sugar-devel] Gtk 3.10 icon size regression

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Jan 20 01:14:53 EST 2014

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 12:07:34PM +0100, Daniel Narvaez wrote:
> On 18 January 2014 11:32, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> > On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 10:41:57AM +0100, Daniel Narvaez wrote:
> > > By the way, XO is our main platform from the number of users
> > > point of view but it seems like a dead end at this point. So IMO
> > > it should not be our main target when designing future
> > > solutions.
> >
> > Yes, but not for the reason you give.  The OLPC XO is still in
> > production, and is still in deployment.  The best reason for not
> > selecting the OLPC XO as your main target is so that Sugar can be
> > suitable for as many platforms as possible.
>
> Are new XO being sold? My possibly misguided feeling is that OLPC is
> not even trying anymore.

I'm not in that part of OLPC, I'm in engineering and manufacturing
support.  As far as I know, you can still order new XO laptops if you
have a large enough quantity in mind.  Any organisations wishing to
get a quote can write to countries at laptop.org.

I may be misguided, but I didn't think Sugar Labs wants to buy any XO
laptops.  ;-) I think developers have enough XO laptops to work on, or
can share them around.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/