[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Enhancement: Add description in Journal Palette

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Tue Jan 7 08:30:22 EST 2014

2013/12/20 Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>:
> (1) I think there is an if missing from Ignacio's patch that was there
> in earlier versions. If there is no desc. then no new spacers.
> (2) While I agree that the palette is very full, this addition IMHO,
> adds value in two ways: it is real information and it is one more
> encouragement to use the description mechanism, which as pedagogical
> value.

I agree, is a nice addition.  I think that the description should be a
short multiline to make it look like a description. Just three lines,
or two as Ignacio said.  His current implementation shows one line and
ellipsizes in the middle.  I think it should ellipsize in the end,
because is a longer text.  And don't let the description enlarge the
width of the palette.

--
.. manuq ..