[Sugar-devel] Sugar-web can't find web socket port

Lionel Laské lionel at olpc-france.org
Tue Feb 25 16:51:22 EST 2014

> What means "Standalone" ?
>
> Standalone means
>
> http://developer.sugarlabs.org/web-architecture.md.html#web%20activities%20standalone
>
> Ok. Thanks for the explanation.

> > FYI the method return true because env.getURLScheme() return "http", so
> the test condition is false.
> > Does it mean that the test condition should not be this ?
>
> It means you are using WebkitGTK1.  We encourage web development in
> WebkitGTK2.  The WK1 is a fallback.
>

> > Any suggestion about this method is welcome.
>
> I suggest you do web development on sugar-build.  I guess some day XOs
> will come with latest Fedora.  We can't rely in old Webkit because it
> limits development.

Hmm, I'm using the latest build of Sugar 0.100 here [1].
Does it means that there is no way to test WK2 on a real XO ?

The reason I'm working to merge Sugarizer with Sugar Web is precisely to
allow a developer to write web activities for the XO without using
sugar-build. Today, because of the WK1 issue and this Standalone test it
means that the generated activity will never work on the XO-4 with Sugar
0.100 :-(

Except if you think it's a bad idea, my suggestion is to completely remove
the "isStandalone" test.
In fact, with the new "isSugarizer" test that I'm working on, I think we
could consider that Sugarizer supersede the Standalone mode, so the test is
not need.

Does it make sense for you ?

                      Lionel.

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.100/Testing