[Sugar-devel] Using Sugarizer as development environment for Sugar Web Activities

Lionel Laské lionel at olpc-france.org
Fri Feb 14 15:27:07 EST 2014

> Though I would like Sugarizer to be gradually merged into sugar-web and
> the differences between the two environments to be reduced as much as
> possible. Tons of do this on osbuild, do that on sugarizer is not going to
> be maintainable.

+1. Be sure that I don't want to transform Sugarizer into a new Sugar, the
more Sugar and Sugarizer could have in common, the better it will be.

> My main doubt is the node dependency, I tend to think we should require it
> outside osbuild too. There are just too many useful tools in the node
> ecosystem these days to avoid it... But of course there is an argument that
> it would be making the barrier higher.

I'm a big fan of node.js but yes, I think it's a barrier. My dream is to
have only a dependence on the browser and on... copy file. Even git is too
complex for me!

              Lionel.