[Sugar-devel] Using Sugarizer as development environment for Sugar Web Activities

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 07:10:05 EST 2014

On 14 February 2014 21:27, Lionel Laské <lionel at olpc-france.org> wrote:

>> Though I would like Sugarizer to be gradually merged into sugar-web and
>> the differences between the two environments to be reduced as much as
>> possible. Tons of do this on osbuild, do that on sugarizer is not going to
>> be maintainable.
>>

> +1. Be sure that I don't want to transform Sugarizer into a new Sugar, the
> more Sugar and Sugarizer could have in common, the better it will be.
>

>> My main doubt is the node dependency, I tend to think we should require
>> it outside osbuild too. There are just too many useful tools in the node
>> ecosystem these days to avoid it... But of course there is an argument that
>> it would be making the barrier higher.
>>

> I'm a big fan of node.js but yes, I think it's a barrier. My dream is to
> have only a dependence on the browser and on... copy file. Even git is too
> complex for me!

What about publishing the result of volo create as a zip and changing the
documentation to point to it instead of the command. It seems like that
would remove the barrier and at the same time allow to use volo when
needed/wanted. Of course we first need to actually make a sugar-web that
works both in the browser and in sugar but as soon as that's done...