[Sugar-devel] Adding information about the repository to activity.info file

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Fri Dec 26 07:45:33 EST 2014

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 5:36 PM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 03:01:10PM -0500, Walter Bender wrote:
> > Can I suggest that if we are going to touch the .info files, we also
> > consider adding the maximum participants field (it is probably
> > possible to compute from a simple examination of the code -- maybe a
> > good GCI task). Having this in activity.info makes it easier to test
> > for in the Sugar Shell, allowing us to finally honor the limit on
> > participants suggested by activity.max_participants.
> >
> > Any other changes to activity.info we should be considering now?
>
> Just to get the conversation started ...
>
> - where to report bugs.

> - where to look for a new release.

Is not the repository enough?

> - what processor architectures are supported by the binaries enclosed.

This field would be optional, only needed for activities with binaries.
What wold be the options? (i386, x86_64, arm??)

- list of versions of Sugar certified by the activity.

Maybe sugar_version_min and sugar_version_max both optional?

> - list of distributions certified by the activity.

This is difficult to know for the activity developer.

> - what distribution packages (beyond the Sugar standard list) are
>   required by the activity.

Again, haw can we solve the problem of dependencies packaged with different
names
in different distros? Is this a problem today or package names are mostly
standard?

Gonzalo