[Sugar-devel] [Systems] Broken ASLO mirrors

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat Aug 9 18:08:34 EDT 2014

Our CDN works like this:

1. mirmon checks periodically if mirrors are responding and up to date

2. clients send queries to download.sugarlabs.org (sunjammer)

3. mod_mirrorbrain in apache uses geoip to find the closest *WORKING* mirror

4. apache sends back a 302 redirect to the chosen mirror

5. user downloads the file from the mirror

So, no matter how many mirrors are broken, you should *never* get
redirected to an error page. Can anyone show me a "wget --save-headers"
showing the problem?

On 08/07/2014 08:32 AM, Martin Abente wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 5:54 PM, Sam Parkinson <sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com
> <mailto:sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     We really should perge the mirrors list of dead mirrors.
>     http://mirrors.sugarlabs.org
>

> +1, I was thinking more like disabling temporarily those who haven't
> been working since a few days.
>
>     Maybe we should contact arrnet (the one in question) - they might
>     fix it if you ask nicely :)
>
>     I will try to setup a mirror myself - I have like 1tb unused
>     internet on my new aslo server (digitalocean in Singapore).
>
>     On Aug 7, 2014 7:50 AM, "Ignacio Rodríguez" <ignacio at sugarlabs.org
>     <mailto:ignacio at sugarlabs.org>> wrote:
>
>         Sebastian, did you remember in sugar camp?
>
>         We got the same problem..
>
>         You fixed it?
>
>         Or that was automatic?
>
>         Ignacio Rodríguez

>         <sebastian at fuentelibre.org <mailto:sebastian at fuentelibre.org>>:
>
>             Hi,
>             I have experienced the same thing. Not sure it was the same
>             mirror.
>
>             Regards,
>             Sebastian
>
>             El mié, 6 de ago 2014 a las 2:47 PM, Martin Abente
>             <martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com
>             <mailto:martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com>> escribió:
>
>>             Hello everyone,
>>
>>             Has anybody else noticed that some ASLO mirrors are broken?
>>
>>             In example:
>>
>>                 The
>>                 URL http://download.sugarlabs.org/activities/4040/finance-11.xo,
>>                 sometimes redirects