[Sugar-devel] A Better ASLO

Sam Parkinson sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 21:54:35 EDT 2014

On Apr 19, 2014 11:16 PM, "Tony Anderson" <tony at olenepal.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry I can't submit this to the lists - my internet provider doesn't
allow
> sending to my email provider (sigh).
>
> There is an apparent policy to support the Sugar Activities distributed
> with builds 21 and 13 although not on ASLO. Walter has provided links to
> a version of TuxMath which works on the current builds, but this has not,
so
> far as I know been posted on ASLO.

OK, I might not be on the same page, but are you talking about activities
with different builds for different sugar versions?

> I would really like to see the limited available resources devoted to
> verifying which activities in ASLO work on build 21 (at least for XO-1)
and
> on build 13 (and on which XO (1.5, 1.75, and 4).

ASLO gets the compatibility for each bundle by reading through the code. We
currently classify by:

* web activity
* gtk3
* new/old toolbars

[Suggestions welcome!]

> If necessary, ASLO should
> provide for multiple bundles where it takes a different bundle depending
on
> the build or XO model.

Providing a 'most recent version compatible with sugar XX' sounds like a
good idea.

> While a fix was made for the incompatibility in activity.info, as far as I
> know it is not available for either build 21 or build 13 (i.e. to the
installed
> base). It should be a simple matter to update the activity.info on the
bundles on ASLO to work with the distributed builds.

I lost you there.

BTW: what are these builds in sugar versions?

> Tony

Sam