[Sugar-devel] Issues loading datastore objects

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 06:08:58 EDT 2013

Hello Suraj,

I finally had a look to the issues you was having loading datastore
objects, using the Object-Chooser activity to test.

I run into a few bugs:

1 gwebsockets is trying to convert binary data to utf-8 which obviously
fails
2 When loading objects created by native activities we try to put a binary
property in the json unencoded. I suspect that's preview. We will need to
encode some properties before converting them to json there.
3 Sometimes we seem to get a "" file from the datastore API. Not sure what
is going on there, needs debugging

On the other hand, loading an object created by the ObjectChooser activity
itself seems to work fine.

Now, all the bugs I reproduced seems different from what you have been
seeing. Could you explain exactly how you have been testing? In particular,
which activity created the objects you are trying to open?

--
Daniel Narvaez