[Sugar-devel] Managing github forks

Will Orr will at worrbase.com
Mon May 27 23:59:23 EDT 2013

Hello,

When doing work on my feature branch, usually I do a git pull --rebase origin master to update, that way my patches will cleanly apply to the master branch of the project when I file my pull request. I avoid merge commits this way as well.

The downside is that I might be messing with the history of my feature branch, which might even be public.

William Orr