[Sugar-devel] Error doing ./osbuild build

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Tue May 28 09:14:15 EDT 2013

On 05/28/2013 01:16 PM, Daniel Narvaez wrote:
> On Tuesday, 28 May 2013, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> [..]
>> * Split the compilation, one part to compile sugar and another to compile
>> sugar-web,
>> sugar-web is more unstable, and have a lot of issues.
>>

> This would add more maintenance, buildbot etc work that I personally don't
> have time to do. I welcome anyone to jump in and maintain a
> sugar-without-html build if it is considered necessary.
>
> IMO we decided that HTML activities was the main goal for the release and
> it would good if it was more of a collective effort, including testing and
> fixing the build. Right now is mostly just me and Manuel... Most other
> people seems to be annoyed by the build issues rather than trying to
> participate. If we wanted to have only a small part of the team work on it
> and the rest not being bothered by the changes, it would have been better
> to work on a branch until stuff was more stable.

If we do not use mainline for such a big effort like html5 activities we
won't be able to achieve our goals because only a few people will work
on it as the others are not bothered. This has to be disruptive.

I agree with Daniel that we should group around our goal. And that not
only Daniel is responsible for keeping the build
infrastructure/environment running. Maybe he has raised expectations
high by maintaining it so well over the last months.

Regards,
    Simon