[Sugar-devel] sugar-build after osbuild change report

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Tue May 21 04:15:24 EDT 2013

On 05/20/2013 07:43 PM, Simon Schampijer wrote:
> On 05/20/2013 05:52 PM, Daniel Narvaez wrote:
>> On 20 May 2013 12:48, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, great. Would be fantastic if '--help' would print the list of
>>> possible
>>> arguments.
>>>

>>> I'd like to avoid maintaining the docs in two places :) Though perhaps
>>> using docker we can figure out something to have both --help and the
>>> docs
>>> be generated from the same source.
>>>

>> I have made it print out the list of commands only (no descriptions) for
>> now, with a link to the docs.
>>

> Thanks Daniel!
>
> [sugar-build sugar-build]$ ./osbuild --help
> Don't run osbuild inside a sugar-build shell, you can just run the
> commands directly.
> [sugar-build sugar-build]$ exit
> [erikos at t61 sugar-build]$ ./osbuild --help
> = Setup osbuild =
>
> * Create the python virtualenv
> * Install python packages
>
> = Available commands =
>
> shell
> run
> check-config
> docs
> clean
> check
> build
> bug-report
> check-system
> pull
>
> See also http://developer.sugarlabs.org/build.md.html
> [erikos at t61 sugar-build]$

Pulling today I got:

[erikos at t61 sugar-build]$ ./osbuild pull

= Updating build system =

* Pulling sugar-build
Already up-to-date.

= Pulling =

* Pulling automake
* Pulling glib
* Pulling gobject-introspection
* Pulling pygobject
* Pulling dbus-python
* Pulling libsoup
* Pulling webkitgtk

Command failed, tail of /home/erikos/sugar-build/build/logs/pull-0.log

Already up-to-date.
 From git://github.com/dnarvaez/webkitgtk
    23a61f3..562e907  master     -> origin/master
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by
merge:
	GNUmakefile.in
	aclocal.m4
	configure
Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
Aborting
Updating 23a61f3..562e907

I did not have made any changes in webkitgtk, I did a "git reset --hard
origin" in the webkitgtk directory and now things work.

Simon