[Sugar-devel] sugar-build after osbuild change report

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Mon May 20 04:48:57 EDT 2013

On 20 May 2013 10:12, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had a sugar-build repo before the osbuild change. I did a git pull in my
> sugar-build directory and then run ./osbuild help.
>
> I got the following:
>
> [erikos at t61 sugar-build]$ ./osbuild --help
> Installing virtualenv...
> Done.
> /home/erikos/sugar-build/**build/out/sandbox/install/bin/**python: can't
> open file '/home/erikos/sugar-build/**build/commands/--help': [Errno 2]
> No such file or directory
> [erikos at t61 sugar-build]$

Looks like a bug, will fix.

> [sugar-build sugar-build]$ ./osbuild pull

Note that you are inside a shell here. You should just "pull". (I wonder if
the docs are wrong now). That *might* actually break things so we should
probably check and refuse to run osbuild inside a shell.

Now, the sources are directly pulled into the sugar-build directory, is
> that intentional?

Yes, I think the flatter directory structure makes it a little bit easier
to hack on stuff.

> Reading the docs [1] it says to run a "./osbuild build", let's do then:
>
> [sugar-build sugar-build]$ ./osbuild build
>
> = Clean =
>
> * Emptying install directory
> * Cleaning automake
> * Cleaning glib
> * Cleaning gobject-introspection
> * Cleaning pygobject
> * Cleaning dbus-python
> * Cleaning libsoup
> * Cleaning webkitgtk
> * Cleaning gwebsockets
> * Cleaning node
> * Cleaning grunt-cli
> * Cleaning volo
> * Cleaning karma
> * Cleaning jshint
> * Cleaning docker
> * Cleaning json-format
> * Cleaning flake8
> * Cleaning sugar-docs
> * Cleaning sugar-toolkit-gtk3
> * Cleaning sugar
> * Cleaning sugar-artwork
> * Cleaning sugar-datastore
> * Cleaning gst-plugins-espeak
> * Cleaning sugar-runner
> * Cleaning sugar-html-datastore
> * Cleaning sugar-html-template
> * Cleaning sugar-html-bus
> * Cleaning sugar-html-activity
> * Cleaning sugar-html-graphics
> * Cleaning browse
> * Cleaning chat
> * Cleaning read
> * Cleaning log
> * Cleaning terminal
> * Cleaning pippy
> * Cleaning imageviewer
> * Cleaning jukebox
> * Deleting state
>
> = Pulling =
>
> * Pulling libsoup
> * Pulling webkitgtk
> * Pulling gwebsockets
> * Pulling node
> * Pulling grunt-cli
> * Pulling volo
> * Pulling karma
> * Pulling jshint
> * Pulling docker
> * Pulling json-format
> * Pulling flake8
> * Pulling sugar-docs
> * Pulling sugar-toolkit-gtk3
> * Pulling sugar
>
> Oh, no it cleans my copy of webkitgtk...? :/

If you pulled latest sugar-build you will have to rebuild webkitgtk anyway
I'm afraid, because of the various changes I made.

I've seen it doing a clean before a build. I need to find a way to
reproduce. I have the impression it only happens if the build is actually
clean already though (which might have been your case because the  build
directory has been moved in recent sugar-build), so at least it shouldn't
hurt for real.