[Sugar-devel] [sugar-build] Is webkitgtk becoming a barrier?

S. Daniel Francis francis at sugarlabs.org
Sun May 19 18:35:31 EDT 2013

El may 19, 2013 6:03 p.m., "Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn" <alanjas at hotmail.com>
escribió:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not have a slow computer (I think) but never can finish the compile
of webkit.
> Once time takes 3 hours and continues compiling: 3 hours with my 2 cores
at 95 ~ 100% of use!!
> I'm tire of that and do "ctrl+c", go to system.json, add a rule: if
distro != ubuntu13.10..

Linux From Scratch says that the estimated compilation time is 55 SBU [1]
which can be more than one day in slow boxes.

> In my case of use never use webkit (but maybe someone wants to use).
>
> If instead compile it, we install as a dependency?
> Or the installed version is old?

The installed version is old. The options to solve the really long building
time are: using the buildbot to get pre-compiled dependencies (similar to
binary snapshots, but only for non-sugar components) or building on Fedora
19 which has already packaged Webkit2.

I like both.

Cheers,
Daniel.