[Sugar-devel] Requiring test coverage for new code

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Sat May 18 12:21:54 EDT 2013

On 17 May 2013 15:13, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:

> Simon, Manuel,
>
> any feedback about this? I see a few possible levels
>
> 1 Everything, bugfixes included
> 2 Every feature patch
> 3 Every patch to the new html/javascript code
> 4 Nothing, leave it to the contributor willingness

Summarizing the positions expressed in the thread

Simon would like 1.
Marco would do 2 and then consider if we can move to 1.
Manuel would like 2.
Walter would be happy with 2, as long as there is guidance.
Gonzalo and James doesn't seem happy about requiring tests at all.

I suppose Simon and Manuel needs to talk and make a decision. These are the
times when it's nice to have maintainers and not be one :P