[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Tuxmath on 0.96+ mystery

Lionel Laské lionel at olpc-france.org
Thu Mar 28 18:40:02 EDT 2013

>I don't have an explanation for the installation thing, but that error is
caused by your exec line which is incorrect. sugar-activity expects the
"path" to a class as
> first argument, not the name of a script.

Okay. I've changed the activity.info following your advice.
Now the patched version display the home page of the activity. But when I
click on the "play" button, there is another error in the log file:

        Traceback (most recent call last):
         File "/home/olpc/Activities/Tuxmath.activity/activity.py", line
192, in _button_play_clicked_cb
           self.create_script(os.getenv("TUXMATH_SCRIPT"))
         File "/home/olpc/Activities/Tuxmath.activity/activity.py", line
185, in create_script
           f = open(script_path, 'w')
        TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType
found

Not sure to understand what it means but I was interested by the
"TUXMATH_SCRIPT" environment variable.
I've studied the difference between the unpatched version and the patched
version related to this script call.
When I start the unpatched version it create a
"/home/olpc/.sugar/default/org.ceibaljam.Tuxmath/tux_homedir/tuxmath_scrip
t.sh".
This script seems to call the binary file to execute tuxmath.
But when I launched your patched version, the script was not created. It's
why the "play" button do nothing.
I told that at first launch the activity seems to build "something". This
"something" is probably this script.
BTW I don't know why it is not created when the activity is patched
before.

Any idea ?

        Lionel.