[Sugar-devel] 90% working patches (was Re: 0.100 release schedule)

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 18:56:13 EDT 2013

Well, this shouldn't be taken too literally. I'm not even sure
something like perfect code exists...

My point is more that a patch should be made good enough, in the
maintainer opinion, before landing. Delaying necessary changes after
the patch has been landed is not a good maintenance strategy.

On 27 March 2013 22:53, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> I disagree.  A 90% working patch should be reviewed or even accepted,
> if it improves the situation more than it degrades the situation.
>
> Don't let the good be the enemy of the perfect.
>
> In particular, if the patch fixes a high priority ticket but opens
> three low priority tickets, the project has still benefited.
>
> Each patch mail can be considered a "release" of sorts.  Releasing
> early and often increases collaboration.
>
> --
> James Cameron
> http://quozl.linux.org.au/

Daniel Narvaez