[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Proposal on how to speed up patch reviews

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed Mar 27 05:30:25 EDT 2013

On 03/26/2013 09:55 PM, Manuel Quiñones wrote:
> 2013/3/26 Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com>:
[...]
>>> We also had periodic design meetings guiding
>>> features.
>>
>> I wonder if that kind of discussion could be had on the mailing list
>> rather than in meetings. It's problematic to find a time that works
>> for everyone and many people just doesn't have time to spend in irc.
>
> Yes after coordination issues we concluded we better keep discussing
> design topics in the mailing list.  We have a prefix [DESIGN] for
> this.  I will try to be more responsive to those threads from now on.
>
>>> Discussing design after the development is made isn't good,
>>> imho.
>>
>> I couldn't agree more.

The feature process has some guidelines in regard to Features that add UI:

"If your feature adds UI or changes the current UI please add as well
the [DESIGN] tag to the subject. Please add the flag as well if the work
flow does change or new ones are added. The Design Team should be
involved in the discussion to guarantee a consistent design and a
consistent work flow in Sugar. When presenting the feature to the
release manager the design does not have to be ready but the discussion
should have been started." [1]

Regards,
    Simon

[1]