[Sugar-devel] Sugar bundleBuilder

Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn alanjas at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 4 11:55:32 EST 2013

>Maybe the thing to do is do a git rm on the locale directory, commit and push it, then run setup.py again.
Yes. Do it and check the bundle.

Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 09:25:36 -0600
Subject: Re: [Sugar-devel] Sugar bundleBuilder
From: nicestep at gmail.com
To: gonzalo at laptop.org
CC: alanjas at hotmail.com; sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org

Gonzalo,

I may be understanding my problem better now. In the three Activities I had trouble with the locale directory was in .git.  I never heard from anyone that it was not supposed to be there.  In the old bundlebuilder that used MANIFEST I had the locale directory in the MANIFEST.  Maybe the thing to do is do a git rm on the locale directory, commit and push it, then run setup.py again.

There are chapters in "Make Your Own Sugar Activities!" that describe packaging an Activity, using Pootle, and distributing the Activity.  It looks like some of the stuff in these chapters is no longer true (I'd like to think it was all true at one time).  I'd appreciate it if you and Alan could look over these chapters and identify anything that needs revision.  I don't want the book to lead anyone astray.

James Simmons