[Sugar-devel] Bug triaging

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 17:47:59 EDT 2013

On 28 June 2013 23:39, Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org> wrote:

> If obscure, probably had sense to who fill it,
> and maintainer at the time.
> Should be better ask for more information and status in the same ticket.

It surely made sense at the time, but now it's just adding to the triaging
work that we don't have resources to do. It means I have to add a comment
in the ticket to try to get a comment from the owner, block on it to triage
and perhaps never get it because the person doesn't see my comment, or
doesn't care anymore.

If we want bug triaging to be manageable given our resources and the lack
of help from non developers, we *must* reduce the work involved. Being a
public resource I'd argue in general writing non understandable bugs is bad
practice. When you don't have resources to triage even worst.

(Of course not picking on Simon here, I did open bugs like this hundred of
times myself).