[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Feature "Enhanced support for 3G modems"

Miguel González migonzalvar at activitycentral.com
Tue Jul 2 16:49:50 EDT 2013

Hello,

I've just send a pull request with the implementation of 3G database
support in control panel modem configuration section.

https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar/pull/46

In this email, I'm attaching  a screenshot to review UI design.

About the implementation, some highlights:

- There is a new config.py file with constants: file paths and GConf keys.

- It uses GConf keys to persistently store country, provider and plan
selections

- In model.py a class controller retrieve data form XML and store
selections on GConf

- In the view.py, adds a new ScrolledWindow with an upper box for 3 combo
provider selection, a separator and a lower box with the previous entries
for network settings.

- When a plan is selected, network settings are changed using the same
methods.

I have some concerns:

- Is the GUI correct?

- File paths should be move to a template config.py.in file?

- I have kind of unitary tests for ServiceProviderDatabase class but I
don't know exactly where to put them. They use mock library to simulate
GConf calls.

- Is it necessary to write functional test for view? Is there information
about how to do it?

Thank you for your attention.
--
Miguel González