[Sugar-devel] HTML activities

lionel at olpc-france.org lionel at olpc-france.org
Wed Jan 30 15:50:54 EST 2013

> I hope I don't start a frameworks war..
>
> Being accustomed to Python, I really like CoffeScript.  And is not
> just
syntactic sugar, go have a look at Classes and inheritance:

> http://coffeescript.org/#classes

I didn't know CoffeeScript but I know TypeScript
(http://www.typescriptlang.org/)  from Microsoft. It's pretty the same
concept.
I'm not a big fan of this sort of syntactic "Sugar", it will not convert
JavaScript language into Python language.
Plus, the idea is to attract JavaScript developers, not Python developers
:-)

BTW CoffeeScript like TypeScript could works with all frameworks: Enyo,
jQuery or some others.

	Lionel.