[Sugar-devel] trouble with building sugar-build on Ubuntu 12.10

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 09:47:31 EST 2013

On Wednesday, 30 January 2013, Walter Bender wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 5:59 AM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com<javascript:;>>
> wrote:
> > I think it's probably ccache corruption.
> >
> > ccache -C
> > rm -rf build/metacity
> > make build
> >

> That seems to have fixed things. I hadn't realized that gcc had such
> aggressive caching. I'd done a fresh clone after my first failure and
> had gotten the same error. Well, it is working now. Thanks very much.

It doesn't actually :) ccache is something sugar-build adds on top gcc.
It's normally a very reliable tool and it speeds up a lot clean builds.
Though I'm debating a bit about turning it off by default now. I and
buildbot are doing lots of clean builds but I suppose most developers are
not. I'm not sure how often this kind of problems happen... Maybe let's
wait someone reporting it again before turning it off :)

--
Daniel Narvaez