[Sugar-devel] HTML activities

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Fri Feb 1 01:00:23 EST 2013

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:

> * Both firefox and chrome extensions have good messaging mechanisms
> between content and extension that we could use. We would have the
> issue to turn a full browser into a chromeless sugar activity though.

For what it's worth, I believe the above is the best strategy.  You don't
really want to maintaining your own fork/embedding of webkit forever.  I
have packaged full Firefox for Sugar in the past, there were no obvious
blockers there (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Firefox/Obsolete) and this is the
path which will be best supported upstream.
  --scott

--
      ( http://cscott.net )