[Sugar-devel] Are we ready for code freeze?

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 13:25:22 EDT 2013

Hello,

code freeze is due on 4 September. We have seven days left and I don't
think we are going to be ready, there are still > 250 bugs to triage, 11
must fix already tagged, very little testing done judging from the number
of incoming bug reports and a "not ready" feeling when running master.

The options I see are:

1 Fix as many bug as possible during the time left and release anyway. If
someone does testing and report critical bugs later, fix them in minor
releases.
2 Reschedule to have N weeks to do more testing and triaging, then N weeks
to clear the must fix list.
3 Switch to continuous development (details to be defined, but hopefully
you get what I mean).

I tend to think we should do 1 and then 3 or 3 directly. My feeling is that
our usual time based releases process doesn't work well in a situation
where there are no firm resources to commit by anyone.

Just dumping my mind really, I'm mostly interested to hear how people feel
about the situation.

--
Daniel Narvaez