[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Plans for SoaS v10

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 03:49:27 EDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 8:45 AM, samy (free) <s.boutayeb at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your effort.
>
> I tried  on a usb stick [1].
> At the moment, I am blocked at the login screen without clue about a
> possible user/password combination. Any attempt on the console failed
> too.

OK, sounds like we're not getting the "first boot" interface or the
liveuser isn't being created, I'll have a look soon, I'm about to
leave for the airport so it might be a couple of days.

> According to [2], the user/root password issue was open on past fedora
> live images, however I don't find any usable reference to get past this
> bug/feature ;-)
>
> On a side note, I try to contribute to the Sugar localization effort
> (locale FR-FR) and, I am afraid to say that those SOAS images are the
> only practically usable option, considering that - at least on my Debian
> machines - the jhbuild/build, Sugar deb packages, sweets and the like
> options fail to be build/run for various reasons.

Thanks for the feedback, it's useful. Are there any features that
would make it more useful for localization efforts/teams?

Peter